Sunday, October 17, 2010

He's Still a Great God

It's really easy to say that when things are going fine and dandy which they have been for quite a while now.
However this morning as I was getting ready to go to church an unwelcome visitor made an appearance.

Some of you may or may not know that I have epilepsy and am on medication for it.

So, seeing what I have stated above, I unfortunately had a seizure this morning. Today my record of not having a seizure for 2 yrs or more went down the drain.

However, my faith didn't.

The medical personnel was amazing and took great care of me, as was my roomate (who I will never be able to thank enough).

But I can't forget God. All the while lying in emerge waiting on my bloodwork, I couldn't stop thinking about how good God is.

I was saying to my roomie:
"You know, in the past I would have asked God why me?
But today He encouraged me greatly. He reminded me that we live in a fallen world and that my seizures are not part of His plan, but that He will use it for His glory.

And that one day I will stand before my King completely restored.

Thank you Lord for your plan. Help me to carry on in this faith.

4 comments:

V said...

Wow. So true. He IS a great God and what a miracle to be able to acknowledge in the midst of trials.

I also did not know you have epilepsy. Scary stuff...but I hope you can go at least another 2 years before you have another seizure.

Shaun and Holly said...

Amanda,
Thank you for sharing.
xoxox Holly

Emily Morrice said...

I didn't hear about the seizure, HOW!? Are you recovering fine? Are you taking time off work?

First one in two years is still a great track record Amanda :) I can't think of many things I've wanted to not do/happen that haven't in 2 years...

Although George Bush is out of office... That's about it :)

Love you!

Unknown said...

@em
Yes, I got today off work and have pretty much slept or watched tv for most of it (doc says by tomorrow I should be fully recovered).

Basically they checked my med levels that I am on for my seizures and they were REALLY low. So they up'ed my dosage and then in 2 weeks I need to go get bloodwork done to make sure there is enough in my system.

So, here's praying!