Thursday, September 10, 2009

reduce, reuse, recycle

On a limited budget, its hard to fill those "desperate for creativity moments".
However, last week I was able to make something with things lying around the house.
I must say, I was quite pleased with how I recycled everything to make a friends b-day gift :)

So what did I do you ask? Well I made some homemade mac and cheese (yum!) and put it in a mason jar, labelled it, glued newspaper on the lid and tied a ribbon around it:



Kinda hard to see I know! But you get the idea :)

But my real thrill was how the gift bag turned out!
I took an Aerie bag and covered the name with my friends and used newspaper as tissue paper:




Yay for cheap creativity!

2 comments:

amanda said...

That is SO cute and awesome!
I took an old 80's picture frame last week, stripped it and then painted it brown and gold it looks brand new! And didn't cost a thing! Next I am making picture boards for Christmas presents!
YAY for creativity!
and...
YAY for Amanda's!!!

Unknown said...

Yes! I have been on a creative binge lately and loving every bit of it!

I can't wait to make these at Christmas time:

http://mamanjackjack.blogspot.com/2006/11/button-button.html

So neat and great decoration :)