Wednesday, December 16, 2009

beaming with anticipation

I can hardly wait for this Monday 9:16 am to come!
It means I will be on a train headed towards home sweet home
Its interesting as home has never really been a place of retreat or relaxation for me
However, I feel that now since I am on my own and work crazy hours, my mom seems to have extended some grace in that regard
I literally think she would dissaprove of me sleeping in before
but now, since I barely EVER get to do it, she may approve
And even when I tell her I have days off work she encourages me to sleep in :D

Here are some things I am looking forward to:
1. Praying and hoping for a snowy train ride home (those are always so peaceful and very conducive to deep meditating and reflecting) whilist sipping tea
2. Bumming around in my pjs for a few days just because I can
3. Reading the word and a few good books over the break
4. Getting a real tree, putting it up and sitting next to it with no other lights but the ones off the tree and the ones of flickering candles
5. Evening walks and drives to enjoy the snow and the lights
6. Pics of all the snow and lights to stop and enjoy God's creation (just as He did on the Sabbath, so I will stop and enjoy His beauty)
7. My home church (love love LOVE Maranatha!)
8. Breafast dates with the fam
9. Shopping dates avec ma mere
10. Seeing old friends
11. Babysitting some of my fave girls and making a gingerbread house with them (we sealed this deal in November lol)
12. Christmas movies
13. Meditating on the true joy of the season, I have a Saviour who was born in a manger, who can relate and mourn with me in every way and paid the penalty for my sins so I never have to experience separation from my Heavenly Father! Best gift of ALL! Thank you Jesus :D

No comments: