Sunday, July 11, 2010

Homemade Guacamole

In this extreme heat I've only been craving cold foods, dips and salads.

Today I was dying for some homemade guacamole. But have never made it before. So I had to see if Michael Smith had a recipe. I honestly swear by his recipes. All the ones I have tried have been AMAZING. And the guacamole was just that! So here is the recipe :D

  • 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
  • The juice of half a lime
  • A big handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 small onion, peeled and minced
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Mash avocados in dish and add lime juice, cilantro and onion (I actually didn't add any salt and pepper and LOVED IT!)
Serve with tostitos immediately or pop it in the fridge for an hr and enjoy :D

2 comments:

dee said...

i'm definitely trying this!! thanks for the recipe. :)

Unknown said...

no probs! I actually adapted it even more. I use 3 avocados and don't put any salt and pepper on it. I like it o'natural baby!