Thursday, July 29, 2010

On the mend

After a crazy busy day (ie. running around a coffee shop severely short staffed, non-stop customers and not working in your mother tongue), one can get pretty tired.

Today I crashed. Literally. A 3hr long nap. After which I went to the grocery store (at the worst time EVER!) during the dinner rush. Of course I had to go to PA to see if I could find a good deal on something for dinner. Let's just say that store wasn't designed for mad shoppers looking for deals. I was so furious with people running into me with their carts and not even a "Pardon" out of their mouths. This usually doesn't really bother me, but today it did.

After making it out alive, I still needed to get Avocados (as the one's at PA were rock hard, not ideal for guacamole). So I journeyed to Provigo and got the rest of my groceries.

I came inside and went into the kitchen to find a pile of dishes needed to be done. As I began, tears started rolling down my face.

"God, I'm so done. I'm exhausted and I can't do this on my own"
"Give me the strength to serve customers even when I'd much rather be sleeping"
"I can't do this on my own Lord, I need you."

Best tearfest and chat with God, I've had in a while. I'm learning to be ok with crying now.

Part of this encouragement of the tears came from a sermon I listened to yesterday. To make a long story short I was encouraged that he was so real in sharing how he shed tears on certain things in life and how he hasn't learned to say that "God is enough" in certain situations, though he is working towards it.

All this to say, tears are good and even better when combined with prayer.

Now I will eat my guacamole and watch Audrey Hepburns Sabrina. And ending the evening asking Him to give me the strength to carry on.

1 comment:

Emily Morrice said...

Bless you sister!
Sometimes a hard day is a hard day, and you can't always articulate it but you just know you need a) GOD and b) to cry :)
happy you had both this afternoon!