Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Radical Love

Have you ever experienced it before?
It's the best place to be in!
Ever since this past weekend when I went on a retreat with the youth, my heart for God was set a flame.
I can't even begin to tell you how much my love grew for Jesus this weekend.
After digging into parables, hearing testimonies and seeing youth passionate about following Christ, I was deeply moved to a place of repentance. He was not my number one.

I had become lazy, spending time with Him was too hard

But during this weekend...
Every talking left me longing for more of His word.
Every worship song, asking for just one more.
Every prayer, asking just one more 1 minute with you Father

I'm in a place where nothing compares. When I think about how I want to spend my evening in (as I've been sick the past few days) my options are either a movie or time in the word.

It's not even a contest any more.

I can remember when I would automatically pick the movie (and not to say anything is wrong with that) but I picked watching a movie b/c it was easier. I didn't have to think about it. Right now, my heart gladly chooses time in the word, prayer and worship first. Thank you Jesus for setting my heart aflame with you I so desperately needed it.

No comments: