Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Song, My Sustainer, My Rock

Today was just one of those days that challenged my character (for a more proper term). If I'm honest though I was so angry and stressed.

Every minute at work I literally had to remind myself to breathe and ask God to help me control my anger so I wouldn't snap at a customer.

While on break I pulled out the word and was encouraged by Ps 40:3a
He put a new song in my mouth

That spoke so deeply to my soul, I had to wipe the tears from my eyes.

I grabbed a pen and wrote: He put a new song in my mouth on my arm

I can't begin to tell you how much it helped having that verse there

Practically as I worked and as I looked at my arm, serving became easier

Why you ask?

Because of His sacrificial love for me, I was able to serve my clients and collegues.

Had I not been reassured my heart would have been angry and wanting to get out of work as soon as possible,

but God sustained me and gave me the desire to serve and stay longer even without pay.

I then got thinking about permantely having a verse there, but not sure how I feel about a tatoo (for me personally). But the thought of a charm bracelet with a scripture reference sounds like a good plan :)

Thank you Jesus, My Song and Sustainer

No comments: