Monday, May 2, 2011

Vanilla, Vinegar and Veggies


Just a salad right?

nbd {no. big. deal.} some of those leafy greens, a few of those red things and badda bing badda boom, you've got yourself a salad!

I went through a bit of a disliking salad phase. Why is that you ask? Have you ever been to a resto, ordered a salad and can't find the greens because they are swimming in dressing? Or the dressing they give you is just the basic balsamic vin?

That was my problem, and so I decided to make my own. Well I've tried out one and LOVE it! Not a single leafy green shall be left in this bowl {aren't ya proud of me ma?!}

Here's the recipe:

Vanilla Vinaigrette
  • A cupful of extra virgin olive oil
  • Half a cup of white wine vinegar
  • 2 spoonfuls of honey
  • A spoonful of pure vanilla extract
  • A spoonful of Dijon mustard
  • A sprinkle or two of salt and pepper
Mix it up and store in the fridge in a good ol mason jar ;D

4 comments:

Hansen Lung said...

sounds epically good.

Loni said...

vanilla? yum. I would have never guessed, but it does sound good!

Unknown said...

so good Lons, highly recommend ;D

rrrachel said...

mmm, looking forward to trying this dressing!