Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Late night thoughts

I have alot of these.  Its the time where my brain gets a chance to process all the things that have happened over the course of the week or day.

One thing that was pressed on my heart tonight was a desire to be reconciled to a close friend of mine.  To which you may think "Wow, that's great!" and you're right it is, when that person wants to be reconciled to you.

When they don't, it's a horrible feeling.  If you are anything like me you start asking yourself what you did wrong a thousand times, kicking yourself for the decisions you've made and so on.  All while feeling alone, hurt, angry, sad and a whole other slew of emotions.

The reason I am sharing this is not for pity {but I hope someone can relate and we can bless each other in that}, but also as to know that there is someone else who has felt every single one of these emotions I just listed.  Jesus Christ.

I thought to myself tonight, that when God was on pursuit of us and how He felt when we rejected Him and nailed Him to the cross and mocked Him.  I can't even imagine the pain He felt.  I don't even think pain is the word to describe it. 

I am blessed to have Jesus.

I am thankful He endured the Cross for me.

Now I'll never have to experience separation from my Father.  I may have to on earth, because we live in a fallen world, but in the meanwhile I am going to continue hoping and praying for reconciliation.

Join me?

No comments: