Tuesday, September 4, 2012

That still small voice...

I had a feeling of peace and contentment today that doesn't come over me very often.  I pray I would have it everyday.

Today my family and I went to Kingston.
As we were out for a meal I noticed something.  I noticed I wasn't longing for a companion but was enjoying living in the moment.

As we were out at Chapters I again noticed something, none of the books said "buy me" or "you need to have me to be complete"...well maybe a few did but there was something in me that spoke and stilled all the other voices around me.

Going back a few days {Sunday eve} I caught the tail end of a sermon at church as I had to work late.  I can't quite remember what the sermon was on, but I remember God telling me over and over how much He loved me.

Now that I think about it, it was that same voice Sunday evening, that spoke to me again today.  Telling me He loved me and how I don't need this our that to be complete or beautiful.  It's such a great feeling.  No one can rob you of that joy.

I will admit, I had a really hard time letting that joy into my heart.  I feared the world portraying me as a weak Christian if I just talked about how much God loves us.  Why you ask? I guess I've seen SO many just view God as a loving God and not a just God, but having both those perfected characteristics is what makes Him God.  He cannot be one without the other.  He is loving and is extending His mercy and grace so that we may all experience the joy there is in knowing Him.

He died on that cross at Calvary so that justice could be served {there needs to be a penalty for sin}.  But He also died on that cross at Calvary so that you and I could be in relationship with Him. 

No comments: