Monday, October 22, 2012

A troubled heart...

My heart has been bothered for lack of a better term these past few weeks.  Hearing the heartbreaking story of Amanda Todd.  My heart sank. 

Tonight I watched the movie "Cyberbully" with my mom and brother.  Though it was a movie, it's still heartbreaking to see as I know it happens in the real world.

Bullying has gone to a new level.  I know I was bullied as a kid, but I was able to escape it when I got home.  Home was a safe place.  But, now with the internet, bullying is all over.  It's SO easy to feel trapped.

After hearing of Amanda take her life because of cyberbullying and watching this movie, I began to wonder "Lord, do I have what it takes to work with teens who are struggling with this?" My heart is UBER sensitive and the thought of someone wanting to take their own life crushes me.  Life is such a precious gift from God and I desperately want those who feel unloved to see that their is a God and He loves them, so much so that He died for them.

Those were the thoughts that kept running through my head.  Trying to distinguish whether its a fear, a valid concern or maybe a bit of both?

I know its my passion to see youth fully restored in Christ and released to help others know Christ, but its not going to be easy. 

Lord I ask you for direction and wisdom in this, as you are the only one who is all knowing and has what is good and perfect for me.

And in light of bullying, may we see that our words cut deep.  That childhood tale:"sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me"  isn't true, names do hurt, more than we could ever think possible.  May this be true of our words: Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. {Proverbs 16:24}







No comments: