Thursday, December 27, 2012

Your body is your temple

You get alot of time to think when your laid up on the couch or your bed because your neck is in excruciating pain.  One of the things that has crossed my mind while being laid up or bedridden is exercise.  See when I worked retail, I was on my feet running around for a good 8hrs and then if I was really feeling good, I'd hop over to the gym and work out.  However, my shoulder doesn't really permit me to work out.  At the same time I don't want to let my body slide just because my shoulder is sore.

I also don't want to use my sickness as an excuse {in any matter, be it my relationship with God or health}.  I know very well what days I am feeling ok and what days I'm not.  It's so easy to say:
"I'm not working out, until I feel better"
And maybe there really is nothing wrong with saying that.  Maybe this is a spot that God needs to speak to me in.  Knowing my heart, I know I am guilty of swaying too far one way or the other {ie.  sickness as an excuse to laziness or law driven motivation}.

So I ask, what are your thoughts on being ill and caring for your body? Would you consult a personal trainer and physician to see what would be the best work-out plan?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: